This Keto-friendly appetizer is so delicious, ready to pop in your mouth in less than 20 minutes, and this version is only 3 net carbs per serving! Our friends always brought jalapeno poppers to parties (remember those?) and I loved them so much that I decided to experiment using what I usually have on hand. And the best part? You don’t have to scroll through a story about why peppers are so meaningful to me. Spoiler alert: they’re not, they just taste really damn good.
8 jalapeno peppers
3/4 cup grated marble cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup diced onion
6- 8 slices of bacon
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice jalapeños in half and scrape out pith (white part on the inside of the pepper) and seeds. Set some pith in a mixing bowl. The more you add, the more heat these poppers will have.
3. Place the peppers, face up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
4. Cook bacon, set aside to cool, then cut into small pieces.
5. Add cream cheese, marble cheese and onion to a small pot. Heat over low heat, stirring them to blend. You can bring the cream cheese to room temp and mix them that way, but I find this much faster and heating makes it easier to stuff peppers. Once blended, add pith, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Scoop the filling into the peppers. Sprinkle with small bacon pieces. Cook in the oven at 400°F for ten minutes.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving - 2 poppers)
Calories 113 I Total Fat 13.3g I Protein 8.7g I Carbs 3g I Fibre 0.1g I Net Carbs 3G I Sugar 0.6g I Cholesterol 26.4mg I Sodium 243.4mg I Calcium 4.5% I Potassium 65.2mg I Vitamin A 3.6% I Vitamin C %